Discover the glittering Dalmatian coast aboard the Aurora on this 8-day Dance-Cruise adventure from Dubrovnik to Split.
Croatia’s Dalmatian coast is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world (and the top ranked cleanest in Europe). Imagine the sun warming you while you luxuriate on this beautiful boat – just peacefully watching the clear water wash against limestone cliffs and pebbly shores as you pass on by.
This eight day cruise has plenty of opportunity for idle relaxation, broken up with exciting activities like a river cruise, or a hike to the spectacular waterfalls of Krka National Park, or expeditions like a winery trip near romantic Korcula, or dining and dancing after dark in any of the port cities we visit!
Get a taste of what the Dalmatian Coast has to offer on this exciting and varied cruise adventure.
August 17-24, 2024
- Lodging: 7 nights onboard the Aurora
- Most meals: See itinerary for specifics
- All dance instruction and group parties (to be determined day-by-day according to the sea conditions and ports we are visiting)
- Local Guide: An English speaking guide is with us throughout the trip to show you around their country.
- Host: To handle all the details before and during your trip
- Activities/Fees: All activities and entrance fees as outlined in the itinerary
- Peace of Mind: Other than your plane tickets we take care of everything and make sure you are on time and where you need to be.
- Transport: All trip transportation as outlined in the itinerary
- All snorkeling equipment
What’s NOT included:
- Travel Insurance: Travel insurance is required
- Airport Transfer: Transfer from the airport to the hotel at the start of the trip and transfer back to the airport at the end of the trip
- Certain Drinks: Those not included with meals
- Tips: For local guides and host
- Visas/Passports: Varies by destination
COST: (prices are per person based on double occupancy)
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Sign up before May 28th and receive $150 discount (see pricing on the right). Rooms will be assigned in the order that downpayment are sent in
- LOWER DECK STANDARD TWIN/DOUBLE per person (14 rooms available): Room on lower level with two twins that can be used separately or combined for a couple
- MAIN DECK PREMIUM TWIN per person (8 rooms available): Two twin beds on the main deck.
- MAIN DECK PREMIUM DOUBLE per person (10 rooms available): Two twin beds on the main deck.
(-$150 promo) =$2,980
(-$150 promo) =$3,210
(-$150 promo) =$3,305
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT:
1) CLICK HERE to register with "Worldwide Dance Adventures" (please fill out a separate registration form for everyone in your group)
2) Once you register with "Worldwide Dance Adventures", you will be given the link and a DISCOUNT CODE to complete your registration and payment with our partner company who has chartered the boat, Pennypinching Glodtrotters. Use the discount code to receive $150 off the listed price.
An $800 Deposit holds your space on the ship
Day 1: Dubrovnik
Welcome aboard Zdravo and welcome to Croatia. Lovely Dubrovnik features the terracotta rooves, ancient cliff-forged walls and crystal coasts that many people associate with Dalmatia. Your adventure begins this evening at 5 pm, when you will be welcomed aboard the Aurora and introduced to your crew and fellow travelers. Enjoy a drink and get to know each other before your first dinner on the ship this evening.
- Included Activities: Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Meals Included: Dinner
- Special Information: A complimentary arrival transfer is included from Dubrovnik Airport to the Port of Dubrovnik on day one of this trip or from the airport to the hotel if you have booked pre tour accommodation with us. Please provide your flight details at least 25 days prior to arrival so as we can organize this transfer for you. Bags can be dropped off at the ship from noon. Feel free to explore Dubrovnik at your leisure until boarding commences at 5pm.
Day 2: Korcula
After breakfast set sail for Korcula, the birthplace of Marco Polo, with lunch on board and if time permits, a quick swim stop en route. In the afternoon, embark on an orientation walk before enjoying an evening to explore at your own pace. If you're hungry, your leader can assist with dinner recommendations.
- Included Activities: Korcula orientation walk
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch
- Special Information: Sailing time between Dubrovnik and Korcula is approximately 6hrs, depending on the conditions
Day 3: Opuzen, Winery Visit
Depart for Opuzen, enjoying breakfast on board and a mid-morning swim stop in beautiful clear turquoise waters near the small island of Badija, then continue on to Trpanj. Transfer to Matusko winery for a tour of the vineyard and a tasting, before returning to the ship and sailing up the River Neretva to Opuzen. Tonight, enjoy dinner onboard the Aurora.
- Included Activities: Trpanj - Matusko winery visit and tasting
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Bosnia and Herzegovina/Neretva river photo safari boat tour
An early start this morning to make our way to Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina by minibus. Take a guided walk through the town, visiting a local coffee shop where you will see how the Bosnian coffee is made and have a taste of it, afterwards and enjoy some free time to explore the town and have lunch at your leisure. Return to Opuzen in the early afternoon when we will jump into small wooden boats for a leisurely cruise through the surrounding wetlands (with local snacks and music on board). End up at a beautiful local restaurant overlooking the water for Peka veal and other local dishes. Board the boats to return to Opuzen. You may want to venture out to one of the friendly bars around the town square to meet the locals over a beer or two.
- Included Activities: Opuzen - Neretva river photo safari boat tour; Mostar - Guided Tour with Coffee Experience
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 5: Hvar
Sail into Jelsa on the island of Hvar and take a private transfer to a local farm for local produce tasting and a walk through the nearby lavender fields, then drive to Hvar town. Explore on a walk with your leader before continuing on to Starigrad in the evening.
- Included Activities: Hvar - Lavender and Honey Tour
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 6: Spilt
Spend the morning sailing, arriving in Split in the early afternoon. You will meet a local guide who will take you on a walk around Split, then the afternoon is yours to enjoy some free time to explore the beautiful lane ways and squares of the old city.
Included Activities: Split Guided Tour Optional Activities -pay on tour (1 Croatian Kuna (HRK) = $0.145 USD; $1 USD = 6.87 HTK)
• Split - Gallery of Fine Arts - HRK40
• Split - City Museum - HRK22
• Split - Diocletian's Palace - HRK42
• Split - St Domnius Cathedral and Tower (entrance fee) from - HRK70
• Split - Dalmatian Wine and Dine Urban Adventure - EUR 100
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch
Special Information Sailing times between Hvar and Split are approximately 5.5hrs, depending on the conditions.
Day 7: Krka National Park
After a leisurely breakfast on board, head out with some more time to explore the Split’s old city. After lunch, return to the boat ready to take your private bus transfer to Krka National Park. Here you will board a smaller boat for some cruising and exploring within the park. The park spans two thirds of the Krka River, and some 142 square kilometers. You visit some of the gorgeous waterfalls for which this park is renowned. Afterwards, return by bus to Split, in time for a captain's dinner for your evening repast.
- Included Activities: Krka National Park waterfalls
- Meals Included: Breakfast, Dinner
- Special Information The wooden jetties and walkways in Krka National Park can be quite slippery. Do ensure take care, ensuring your footwear has a reasonable grip, and the stunning scenery will be well worth it.
Day 8: Farewell- Split
Your small ship adventure cruise along the Dalmatian coast ends after breakfast this morning. Should you require a transfer to Split international airport, please enquire with your Travel Consultant prior to travel or your Tour Leader during your trip.
- Meals Included: Breakfast
Is this trip right for you?
- This is a small ship adventure cruise, which means you’ll be sailing on a yacht with up to 35 other people. The boat is spacious and comfortable, but it focuses more on the destination than on-board activities. Instead of a pool, we have the sea itself. Instead of a casino, we’ve got board games and a good book. There is also no formal dress code to worry about. Wi-Fi is available onboard.
- Our ship moves under engine power, rather than sailing, so all cabins will experience light engine noise when the ship is moving (and occasionally when we drop anchor). It’s probably worth packing earplugs if you’re a light sleeper.
- Unlike other ships that cruise through the night, we’ll spend our evenings docked at port. This will give you more time to dine ashore and enjoy those balmy Croatian evenings. Cruising will mostly take place during the day.
- Onshore activities and excursions will involve a bit of walking, often times over rough terrain. You’ll be visiting ancient sites and historical places, and at times you may have to cross cobbled streets and uneven ground, sometimes in hot conditions. If you have any concerns, please speak to your group leader before taking part.
- If you’re concerned about seasickness, there are seasickness tablets on-board. The ship will experience some roll and pitch in choppy conditions, however all of our ships come equipped with stabilizers to minimize movement. Most of our departures run in peak season, when the seas are calmer. Your crew will do all they can to minimize any discomfort.
- There are no lifts (elevators) on-board our ships, so you’ll have to navigate a few steep flights of stairs. Handrails are always available.
This trip is in partnership with Penny Pinching Globetrotters, an independent tour group who has chartered the ship and established the following rules.
Medical and vaccination requirements?
Proof of up to date COVID Vaccination is required.
Passport & Visa
All travelers must have a valid passport for international travel and many countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return. Some countries also require a machine-readable passport and/or unstamped available pages. When assisting with an international travel booking, we will assume that all travelers on the booking have a valid passport. If this is not the case, you must let us know. It is important to ensure you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities. Any fines, penalties, payments, delay or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility.
We exercise care in the selection of reputable travel service providers but we are not ourselves a provider of travel services and have no control over, or liability for, the services provided by third parties.
In no event do we accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise, for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control, force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control or which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part. We also do not accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise, for consequential loss (meaning indirect loss, loss of revenue, loss of reputation, loss of profits, loss of actual or anticipated savings, lost opportunities, including opportunities to enter into arrangements with third parties or loss or damage in connection with claims against you by third parties) howsoever caused in connection with your booking.
Risks of Travel and Release:
We assume no responsibility for and shall not be liable for the acts or omissions on the part of any other party not under our control or any acts of God, unsafe conditions, terrorism, health hazards including pandemics, illness, weather hazards, or the suitability for a disabled person of any portion of any trip. We have no special knowledge of dangers during travel or at destinations. For information related to such dangers, we recommend going to the State Department travel website at travel.state.gov, click on "Find International travel Information" then click on "Country Information", and fill in the name of the destination country. For medical and health information, we recommend going to the Centers for Disease Control website at cdc.gov/travel, then click on "Destinations" and scroll to the name of the destination country. It is your personal decision to travel, and you are doing so with full knowledge of current travel recommendations and travel restrictions with regards to the risks of COVID-19. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL OF THESE RISKS AND DANGERS, AND YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE TO FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD US, AND OUR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, ASSOCIATES, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, GUIDES, GROUP LEADERS, AND SUBCONTRACTORS HARMLESS AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTIONS, SUITS, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF ANY AND EVERY KIND AND NATURE WHATSOEVER WHICH YOU NOW HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREAFTER ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE RISKS AND Dangers.
- Should you cancel no more than 30 days after making your deposit you get a 100% refund minus a $150 admin fee.
- Should you cancel between 30 days of booking to 180 days before the trip you will get a 50% refund minus the $150 admin fee.
- Once we are within 180 days of the trip starting there are no refunds.
- Note: should you find someone to fill your spot, we can transfer your balance to them minus the $150 fee if it's 60 days before departure. Should you become sick or have other issues it’s highly likely the required travel insurance would kick in and reimburse you so be sure and check with your provider.
- It is the responsibility of the trip attendee to reach out in the event of a cancellation and make their payments on time. We reserve the right to hold payments according to the cancellation policy above to pay our vendors to make this trip happen.
- By making a deposit you agree to above terms of service and cancellation policy.
- To make things easier we created a list specific to this trip of things you may want. You can find it here.
- CLICK HERE for our best tips on travel preparation and packing.
Travel insurance will help protect your investment and is required for all of our trips. We recommend and use World Nomads. CLICK HERE to sign up.